Thursday, February 2, 2023
Applying for license to hold a private clearance sale
- This service allows applying for license to hold a private clearance sale
Eligibility or Criteria
- 1. The offer shall be valid for the public only.
- 2. Price list of goods and commodities, provided to and approved by the Ministry, shall be adhered to.
- 3. The offer’s period is 3 months, extendable only once for a similar period.
- 4. Any addition, cancellation, amendment, or deletion to the price list provided to the Ministry, after obtaining license from the Ministry, shall be avoided.
- 5. Period specified in the license shall be adhered to.
- 6. Prices before the clearance sale must be the lowest prices offered for the public within a month before the sale starts.
- 7. Price tags must show the prices before and after the sale, where old prices are crossed out, on every item inside the store.
- Terms and Conditions of Private Clearance Sale
- 1. It must include all goods and commodities included in the business to be canceled.
- 2. License holder may not practice their previous business after the clearance and complete all procedures related to changing their business in the commercial license; regarding cancelling or changing such business according to the request submitted to the Ministry.
- 3. Private clearance sale license may not be canceled after commencement of work.
- 4. Private clearance sale shall not be combined with any other discount offers.
- 5. Private clearance sale shall not be licensed after cancelling a business from the commercial license permanently.
- 1. Advertising on storefronts by any method is not allowed before the clearance sale date.
- 2. Advertisements shall not include vague, misleading phrases, or images that breach public morality or be contrary to religion.
- 3. The advertisement must state the sale’s start and end date and clearance sale license No.
- 4. The advertisement may not include the phrase "Real Clearance Sale”.
- 5. Companies/organizations shall declare their commitment to the above mentioned terms and conditions. In case of breach, such companies/organizations shall bear legal liability, in accordance with Law no. (2) of 1995.
- License application to provide the offer
- Commercial license and a copy thereof
- List of prices for the commodities specified in the offer
- Copy of the signature authorization
Visit the Ministries Complex, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, 3rd floor, block 2,
Consumer Protection Department, Discounts and Prices Department and submit the required documents.
All Rights Reserved © 2023