Tuesday, February 27, 2024
Issuing Birth Certificates for Newborn Babies
- This service allows citizens, residents, and visitors to issue birth certificate for newborn babies.
Eligibility or Criteria
- The childbirth must have occurred at Kuwait
- The father or the grandfather (on the father's side) must attend the procedures of the certificate issuance in person
- Original nationality certificate, original husband's and wife's marriage contract, and a copy of each, for the Kuwaiti citizens
- Original passports of the husband and the wife and a copy of each, for non-Kuwaiti applicants
- Original marriage contract and a copy, in case the contract is a Kuwaiti one. If the marriage contract is not issued in Kuwait, it must be attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the embassy of the state where the contract was issued, for non-Kuwaiti applicants
- Copy of the civil IDs of the husband and the wife, for non-Kuwaiti applicants
- Letter from the Central Record for Birth and Death Department of the Ministry of Health to the Executive Committee for the Foreign Affairs of Illegal Residents to indicate the parents' nationalities, original marriage contract, and the security card, for applicants of undefined nationalities
- Authorization letter or special power of attorney indicating the child's name, in case the father is outside Kuwait
- Letter from the prison commissioner indicating the child's name, in case the father is imprisoned
Visit the Central Record for Birth and Death Department of the Ministry of Health or its centers and submit the required documents.
All Rights Reserved © 2023