License to Import Pesticides
- This service allows the business sector such as organizations and companies to have a license issued to import pesticides after carrying out the technical tests and studies on the pesticide required to be registered to be imported.
Eligibility or Criteria
- General Conditions:
- The applicant must be a Kuwaiti citizen.
- The applicant must not be less than (21) years old.
- The applicant must not have any criminal record.
- اConditions for the Factory:
- The location of the factory must always be consistent with the approved plan. No changes may take place in the location unless approved by the competent authorities.
- The engineering plan of the factory and the warehouse and the affiliated buildings must be consistent with the stipulated conditions. The materials used in the building construction and equipping must be consistent with the stipulated conditions of the Joint Permanent Committee for the Organization of the Pesticide Manufacturing, Importation and Usage. As a complementary condition for obtaining the license, both the engineering plan as well as the construction and equipping materials must be approved by the engineering office and the competent authority.
- The Conditions of Warehouses (Pesticide Store):
- The engineering plan of the location and the warehouse for storing pesticides and the buildings included must be approved by one of the licensed engineering offices. This plan must be attached, after being approved by the competent authority, to the license and is considered a complementary condition for obtaining the license. The location must always be consistent with the plan approved by the Ministry of Health and no changes may take place in the location except after the approval of the competent authorities.
- The warehouse (Pesticide Store) must be far from the residence areas and food warehouses.
- The warehouse must be located in a separate building and must be a ground floor with only one floor immediately above the ground level.
- The area of the warehouse must not be less than (35) square meters.
- The warehouse must have inner cooling means so that the temperature degree is between (17-25) Celsius, and the humidity is not more than (50%).
- The cooling system must be completely separate and not connected to any other place. It must also be an open system that allows the suction of (30-50%) of the inside air to reduce pollution.
- Adequate natural ventilation must be available to renew air continuously using suction fans of appropriate capacity, in case no cooling system is installed.
- Electrical lighting that emits strong heat or any other source of heat such as (heaters - stove) must not be used inside the warehouse (for storing pesticides) which can cause fire.
- The stored materials must be placed inside the warehouse (for storing pesticides) on bases or shelves made of inflammable materials and do not absorb the stored materials.
- The height of the stored items in the warehouse (for storing pesticides) must not be less than 30 cm from the ground level and not more than two thirds of the walls height and must be at a distance of 75 cm at least from the wall in order to facilitate the movement and cleaning works in the warehouse.
- Required General Documents:
- Copy of the civil ID of the applicant employer.
- Copy of the nationality certificate of the applicant employer.
- A pesticide registration certificate issued by the Ministry of Health.
- Copy of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry license.
- Copy of general import license from the Ministry of Commerce and Industry (if any), or a letter to request adding the activity of importing pesticides to the license of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- Copy of the articles of incorporation of the company authenticated by the Ministry of Justice.
- The license of the warehouse where the imported pesticides are stored, issued from the Ministry of Health.
- Copy of the lease contract of the importing company and its warehouse, in case of applying for a warehouse license (for storing pesticides).
- A lease receipt for the company and the warehouse with a recent date, or bringing a on the ownership of the warehouse, in case of applying for a warehouse license (for storing pesticides).
- The Required Documents for the Factory:
- Copy from the engineering plan of the factory and the warehouse (pesticide store) and the affiliated buildings that are consistent with the stipulated conditions, indicating the materials used in the building construction and equipping that are consistent with the stipulated conditions of the Joint Permanent Committee for the Organization of the Pesticide Manufacturing, Importation and Usage.
- Copy of the license of the Fire Service Directorate for the pesticides warehouse, provided that the activity is the storage of dangerous materials (pesticides).
Bring the importation file including the required papers and documents and two (2) copies and visit the Medical Insect and Rodent Control Department at the Public Health Department of the Ministry of Health
Provide five (5) samples of the pesticide and one (1) standard sample of the active substances of the pesticide required to be registered
||Fixed Fees: Fees to issue a license to import
||Fixed Fees: Fees to issue a warehouse license to
||Fixed Fees: Fees for renewal of annual license
of the pesticides warehouse. Renewal fees are paid three months before the
expiration of the license.|
All Rights Reserved © 2021